Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bounteous Harvest

Nathan, Spencer and Benjamin went over to the garden and came home with this...

It just amazes me that you can put very small plants and seeds into the ground and then have so many delicious vegetables and beautiful flowers be the product. I have loved having a garden this summer!! I am so grateful that our prophet has counseled us to have a garden as I not only see the benefits on our kitchen table, but I can feel the benefits to our family when we have spent time and worked together. I am grateful that we have been able to get to know the Whitings better and hope to be more like them - they are extremely generous and kind to our whole family!!
We are truly blessed!!

2 comments:

Dawna said...

The Burket family is very grateful for your bounteous harvest as well! Thank you for the tomatoes, they were so YUMMY!

kaye said...

You certainly do have four CUTE kids! Your blog is lovely and made for some great reading :) Thanks again for coming to Oliver's 'party.' We had a blast with you guys.