Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Neighborhood Visitor II

Last night, I decided to ride my cute bike to the post office to get our mail. On my way home, on the side of the blue house (on the corner of Shafer and Hidden Springs Dr.) right in front of me on the sidewalk was a SKUNK!! I immediately slammed on my brakes and said a prayer that went something like this..."please don't spray me, please don't spray me, please don't spray me!" The skunk looked at me and then went back toward the house toward the bushes. I waited awhile and then continued thinking he would be hiding...but, as I rode by he was waiting by the house watching me and I rode ever SO fast. I am very happy that this story has a happy ending....I didn't get sprayed!!!!! (This is not the actual skunk. I didn't have a camera on me, nor do I think I would have taken the time to take a picture.)

2 comments:

Dawna said...

We've seen the same skunk on our street! I've been worried crazy Goldy was going to come home covered in skunk smell one of these nights. Here's hoping that won't happen! I'm glad you "survived" your skunk run-in too!

The Stones said...

Sweet prayer. Ive said a few like that before,but I didn't know they were prayers. I am more religious than I thought.
Stone