Sunday, September 07, 2008

What do you do with all your zucchini???

I heard about a great recipe today and had to try it. It was "delish" and so I will share it...just in case you are wondering what you are going to do with all your zucchini!!!

Zucchini Brownies

1/2 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar (that's one and one half cup of sugar - i can't make it look right)
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c. shredded zucchini

Mix the first three ingredients. Mix the next four ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture. Fold in the zucchini. It will seem a little dry but just keep folding. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes in a greased 9 X 13 pan. Top with chocolate icing after cooling.

Chocolate Icing

6 T. cocoa
1/4 c. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
enough milk for the consistency you like

Mix together.


We really liked this recipe and will definitely make it again. We used a different icing so I'm not sure about this one, but included it anyway. I'd have included a picture of the brownies but we ate it before I thought about it - oh well. Enjoy!!!

I'd LOVE for anyone to share any other wonderful zucchini recipes - Please!!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks, Laura. We'll have to try this one!

Wendy said...

What do you do with all YOUR zucchini? - you send some our way. :)

p.s. I never got Nathan's email. weird.

Jayna said...

I made some brownies last night and they are really good! The frosting was delish!