Monday, December 08, 2008

Catching Up

Wow, do I have some catching up to do. So, here it goes.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week. I loved having my family here and the cousins couldn't get enough of playing together. I took NO pictures during our fun filled week and I thought my sister, Jayna did a great job describing our Thanksgiving, so if you want to read about it, please click here.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we got together with Nathan's family to have an Indian dinner and to watch the videos they took while Nathan and his Dad were in India. Nathan's dad got all the grandkids turbans and saris, so the cousins had fun dressing up in them. They had some very interesting experiences and I will try to post some pictures soon of Nathan's trip. (Here is just one of him at the Taj Mahal.)



I LOVE December for so many reasons. I especially love what we do with our advent calendar.

Every day, up until December 25 we do something together as a family. Some of the fun activities we have done so far are...opening a new ornament to put on our Christmas tree,

going to Sarah's piano recital,


(I didn't get Sarah introducing herself and saying that she would be playing, Grumpy Old Troll and Classic Dance.), listening to a storyteller tell the story of "How the Grinch stole Christmas", making reindeer candy canes, picking out a live Christmas tree, going to Powell's Sweet Shop

and decorating a gingerbread house.



Stay tuned for more fun times with our four cute kids!!

5 comments:

Holly Hart said...

You do have 4 cute kids!

Lindsey said...

I love your kids faces in the last picture. They are so cute. Looks like you are having a fun holiday season.

Wendy said...

I love December too. I love doing all those little traditions that make it so fun.

susan said...

Your advent calendar is AMAZING! Is it made out of fabric? I can't wait to see which picture made the cut.(I'm still on your list,right?)

Dawna said...

I love what you do with your advent calendar too (not to mention how much I love the advent calendar itself, but we've already discussed that!). Your family does so many cute, fun things together.