Friday, July 25, 2008

Ratatouille

Our Cinderella themed day worked so well, I decided that the days we take care of Anne and Natalie (our fun, cute friends) we would have a theme for that day. On Thursday, our theme was based around the movie Ratatouille and we did activities that had to do with cooking. We made whole wheat bread (we even ground the flour), they made their own neon color of play dough (they played with the play dough for a LONG time - which I loved) and then they made their own Panini sandwiches for lunch. After lunch, we all needed a little down time so we watched the movie, Ratatouille and then we went swimming to wash off all the "sweat" from cooking so much. We also made our tie-dyed cookies again, but we decided to wait and bake them the next day since we would have Anne and Natalie for half-day. On Friday, we baked the tie-dyed cookies and then did an art project that my friend, Dawna suggested. Dawna let us borrow her kid friendly stamp pads and her book Ed Emberley's Complete FunPrint Drawing Book . I had the kids make a card, a door hanger (thanks, Auntie Jayna) and a tag to go with a cookie that they would give to a friend. All in all, it was very fun and it made both days go by very quickly!!

2 comments:

Dawna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawna said...

Oops - I didn't mean to delete my comment I was just trying to edit it. I used the wrong form of "their" / "there".

Here we go again...

Their thumb print art is so cute! I loved doing that when I was a kid, so it's fun for me to see that your kids enjoyed it too!