Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twin Falls Temple

On Monday, we packed up the car and drove to Twin Falls to see the temple. We got there earlier than our scheduled time, so we first went to see the Shoshone Falls. The falls were amazing! Then we went to the temple and we absolutely LOVED everything about it! It is so beautiful and I loved being able to be there with our kids!! When we were in the temple and saw the mural of the Shoshone falls, the kids thought that was really cool! They also loved that in the mural was "spike", our lizard. We appreciated our guide pointing that out to our kids. During the tour, Spencer said to Nathan, "Jesus' house, so beautiful."

After seeing the temple, we drove to Nathan's old house on Kenyon Rd. and visited with his neighbor's. They were so kind to share some of their sugar snap peas with us!
Then, we drove to Wendell to have dinner and Family Home Evening with Great-Grandma Smith and Aunt Nip. We were fed well (dutch oven beans and cherry crisp - yum, yum!!), enjoyed seeing their garden and loved being able to visit with them! It was a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Didn't you just love it!!!! My kids loved it too. I am so glad that our little kids got a chance to see the inside of the temple at such a young age.

The Stones said...

thats awesome! love the photos!

Beth said...

It looks like you had a great trip! The kids will remember it the rest of thier lives, I still remember going through the Boise temple.

The Stones said...

That looks like a fun family outing. I wanted to tell you I had my Home Teaching Assignment changed so I will not be your home teacher anymore. Not that Tim and I were so diligent or anything, but I felt a kinship to you and you family. I wanted to tell you I love the spirit in your home and I am so impressed by the fun activities you do with your kids. You are great parents and I wanted to express my gratitude for the time we got to spend with you.
Anyway, did did you guys get to go inside the temple? When does it get dedicated? I think I would like to take the boys as it might be a while before another Idaho temple is built. Let me know,Stone

Aimee said...

Isn't it beautiful! It's always fun to take little trips back down memory lane. It's to bad that you didn't let Karl and the boys know that you were going to be in town. I'm sure they would have enjoyed seeing your family!

The Dudley Bunch said...

Laura...I am back...finally. We need to get together! I feel like I missed the whole summer!