Thursday, October 16, 2008

'Cause We're the Best of Friends

Last night after putting all the kids to bed, I went in to rock Benj to sleep. While I was in his room, I could hear Andrew looking all over the house for me, but not wanting to wake Benj, I waited a few minutes. When I went looking for Andrew I found him in Sarah's room crying because he was scared. Sarah was hugging him and asking him questions about why he was scared. I loved that when he couldn't find me, he went right to Sarah for comfort. I loved that Sarah would be so kind and loving to him when he truly needed it.



This morning I was upstairs getting ready for the day, when I came downstairs I found Benj eating breakfast. I asked if he was eating Spencer's breakfast and Spencer told me that he had gotten Benj a plate, put a waffle on it and gave him syrup. I was so impressed that Spencer had made breakfast for Benj without being asked.



It is my hope that our kids will always feel that their siblings are their Best Friends!!

3 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Your kids really are so cute. That is so great that they are so loving to each other. Hopefully it will stay as long as possible. I was that way with my brother until I was about 10 and didn't become friends again until I was about 15. Now we are best friends.

The Stones said...

tell nathan he's been tagged

Wendy said...

Awww...you've got such sweet kids. How nice they know they can depend on each other.