Monday, October 06, 2008

Pick'in Pumpkins

We have loved having a garden this summer. When we planted the garden, we knew we wanted to have LOTS of pumpkins so we planted 8 pumpkin plants. Since Nonnie and Grandpa were in town, we went on Friday evening to harvest our pumpkins. We were THRILLED to harvest 54 pumpkins. Thank goodness we had the Whitings "Gator" to transport all of our pumpkins. What will we do with 54 pumpkins (actually, there are at least 10-15 more green pumpkins in the garden)?? We put them all around the front of our house and we think it looks absolutely festive!

6 comments:

kerri said...

Your house looks great!!! You could borrow our golf cart from Chris and Carlee and sell them around Hidden Springs! :0) Just Kidding! We miss you! Happy Harvesting!

Wendy said...

Wow you've been busy Laura. I love how you have your own pumpkin patch and apple/pear trees. How fun. Sorry to hear about your kidney infection. Hope you're feeling better.

The Crazy Heads said...

That looks so awesome, I love it! We have 3 pathetic little tiny pumpkins on our table, but if I had an amazing porch like you guys I would want to do the same thing.

Dawna said...

You're house looks awesome! You're such a fun, cute family.

The Pick's Patch said...

Laura! This is Amy Archibald (again...I left an earlier comment, but I'm not sure you read it)....I found your blog on Wendy's blog(I know her sister Courtney)...I'd love to hear from you...would you mind if I added you to our "list of friends" on our blog?

Talk to you soon! Amy
amypickering2003@yahoo.com
andrewthomas2005.blogspot.com

MJS said...

A voice from your past. I am delighted to see you living the life you dreamed of. Your children really are CUTE. Of course they have such a great MOM and also DAD. I wish my garden had turned out as great as yours. Idaho sure is a terrific place to have a garden. Oregon too, but I have too much shade. Figured out who is writing you? Now you are coming closer to where I live. This may increase my chance to finally get to see all those new additions since Sarah. Looking forward to hearing from you. MJS